Ali’s Writing CV
- Winner Australian Society of Authors Mentorship – Emerging Writers’ and Illustrators’ Mentorship Program supported by Copyright Agency Cultural Fund, Children’s category
- Winifred Weatherby Saves the Century wins second place in Category 4b (MG) of the CYA Conference Competition.(And the judge, an editor from a major Aussie publisher, requested the full manuscript).
- The Quest for the Scales of Time wins the runner-up position in WriteAway Spain.
- Ever learning, always revising, Ali rewrites last year’s manuscript, making it a richer Gaslamp Fantasy, best described as a Peter Pan/Indiana Jones mashup. Presenting: The Temple of Lost Time.
- A sequel, The Stone of Truth, is well underway.
- Ali outlines a middle grade historical caper with STEM and a YA Rom Com Caper Underdawgs .
- Ali takes up a part-time employment opportunity in Marketing & Communications.
- Screening Screen Use: Preparing Students for Healthy Technology Use published in Screen Education magazine [Issue 77, Autumn 2015]
- Toby Fitzroy & The Quest for the Scales of Time, a middle grade novel, is born and launched into the literary world, receiving requests for full manuscripts from five Australian publishers and one American agent. Unfortunately, no one claims it.
- The Hunting of the Muse ranks 6th in the CYA Conference Competition (Middle Grade Category) and generates full MS requests from an Aussie publishing professional and an agent
- Ali wins a placement with AssistantPress.me as a blogging superhero (aka a Content Press Assistant)
- Ali completes Set for Life Senior Secondary and Middle School Life Skills curriculum package
- Summer of the Silk Dragon is shopped to several major US publishers but doesn’t find a home.
- One Shandy Too Many short-listed and published on Australian Literature Review
- Foul Play at Winterfest submitted to a well-known mystery series for ghostwriting op
- 1:1 Learning with iPads: One Middle School’s Experience is published in Adolescent Success journal [Volume 13, Number 2]
- Scorned won the Gold Coast Writers’ Festival Conference Contest
- Empty Nest got an honourable mention at the Gold Coast Writers’ Fest
- A New York literary agency signed Ali for Summer of the Silk Dragon.
- Saving Aggie Blue placed second in CYA Conference Contest (YA Category)
- A Thousand Miles to Meet wasn’t short-listed in the CYA Contest, but it came in fifth place! (YA Category)
- Alison completes e-Quipped Digital Citizenship & Cybersafety curriculum package
- Photophobia placed third in CYA Conference (YA category)
- Ali’s Writing Apprenticeship
And while all of the above is going on, Ali is blogging up a storm here and on e-Quipped.
Ali is a proud member of:
- Australian Society of Authors
- SCBWI (Assistant to the Regional Rep)
- Write Links
- Book Links
- Queensland Writers’ Centre
- The Pyjama Foundation – Literacy Mentoring for Kids in Care
CC Image, Royal Pink by Jeremy Brooks